Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: WHICH DESK DO YOU PREFER AND WHY?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mom24's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2006
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, I'm out of control... We are giving DD her 1st AG Doll for Christmas (Kirsten) and lately I've been tempted to get a desk for her so Kirsten is not just standing there all by herself on Christmas morning...we just couldn't have that now could we?! I would love to hear opinions on Molly's and Addy's. We have a desk similar to Molly's (not doll size) and it looks so sturdy and reminds me of the ones I used as a child. I love Addy's because it's more suitable to the time period and it can hold 2 dolls. I would love to hear what you guys think!!!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 15, 2006 04:37 PM: Message edited by: mom24 ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member samo22's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2006
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Addy's desk would fit the time period better than Molly's.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bethmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2005
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with Addy's desk.
    Reminds me of the Little House desks from the one room school house.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mom24's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2006
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am also a Little House fanatic and thought the same thing. The pictures I've seen in the catalog make Molly's seem more sturdy. Does anyone have either of them and thinks they are solid?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bethmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2005
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Molly has the Molly desk. It's very sturdy.
    And has storage area inside.
    But not too sure that Molly's desk would be the kind Kirsten might have used.
    I think you were right on Addy's.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    TECHNICALLY Kirsten's school probably would've had her regular log bench, at least early on. But after a year or two, when more settlers come in (or when settlers like Kirsten's father get the money) they may have bought desks more like Addy's. If you think you'll be getting a second doll sometime in the not-so-distant future (even NEXT Christmas) Addy's is probably a better investment.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member CaliGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2006
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    YES! I've seen Addy's desk in person, and I was AMAZED at the quality! You just can't go wrong with that piece! I've seen Molly's desk in person also, and while it is a very nice piece, I prefer Addy's for quality, character, and beauty. In answer to your question about it being sturdy, I actually think Addy's is sturdier than Molly's...but that is just my humble opinion. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone have pictures of Addy's desk? I know I'd love to see some pictures of it and so would mom24.

    Addy's desk gets my vote for Kirsten. It reminds me of the desk that Laura and Mary share at school in The Little House series. I love the fact that 2 dolls can share it.

    Have fun deciding. I can't wait to see whichever one you get. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mom24's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2006
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As long as you promise to bring your dolls over to play (oh, and Jillian too) then I am leaning towards Addy's. Now, Glenda if we could just get a desk like that our size we could continue our playtime from about 30 years ago!!!! (Sorry, if I gave too much info there!)

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by mom24:
    As long as you promise to bring your dolls over to play (oh, and Jillian too) then I am leaning towards Addy's. Now, Glenda if we could just get a desk like that our size we could continue our playtime from about 30 years ago!!!! (Sorry, if I gave too much info there!)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL. Just keep in mind I'll always be 13 days YOUNGER than you! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I'm guessing that those childhood memories from playing school are helping to fuel our AG passion. The desks have such GREAT play value. Jillian comes home from school and plays school for the majority of her free time.

    We'd love to come over with the girls for a play date after Christmas!

    Have a great day!

    Glenda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •